Could you have it?
Feeling moody is normal, but if you feel that you have grown withdrawn and disinterested in others you may be suffering from postpartum depression.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, talk to your healthcare provider about whether you may be developing more than the baby blues. Are you or have you:
- Recently experienced a major life stressor?
- Losing your appetite?
- Ignoring others in your life, like your spouse or friends?
- Increasingly sad?
- Lacking the pleasure from things you once enjoyed?
- Feeling inadequate to care for your baby?
- Feeling overwhelmed by caring for yourself or your baby?